- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Job Summary: Initiates journal entries, maintains detailed supporting analyses, schedules and assists with the preparation of BIDHC/APG's financial statements. Performs analysis on variances from budgeted or forecasted results. Applies basic principals and theories of accounting to various transactions to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
* Prepare standard monthly account entries for all APG locations.
* Reconcile Balance sheet accounts and research financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
* Performs detailed analysis of activity in various General Ledger accounts, most on a regularly scheduled basis.
* Perform accounting and clerical functions to support supervisors.
* Assist in monthly invoicing.
* High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
* 1-3 years related work experience required.
* Reporting skills, attention to detail and deadline-oriented.
* Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
* Able to thrive in a fast paced environment, even under pressure, and remain flexible and efficient. A true team player, but also have the ability to work independently
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Accounting experience preferred.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
* Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...